My name is Brandon Rukes, and I am the Associate Pastor here at GFCC. What does that look like? In a major part, my job breaks down into two main categories... worship & groups.
I consider myself to be more than just the guy on stage, but the lead worshiper. This is because I fully believe that it is my great opportunity and responsibility to bring people into God's presence on a Saturday evening or Sunday morning (or any other time we meet), and realize that I am merely a fellow brother in Christ, coming alongside you to worship.
I also consider myself to be more than just the groups director, but a fellow brother in Christ who is in the same boat as you are. I am currently leading a group on Wednesday mornings, and I attend two groups on Sunday afternoons & Wednesday evenings. I find it so important to get involved in a Connection Group because life transformation happens best when you're growing with friends together.
I look forward to chatting with you before or after a service, or sometime during the week to get to know you better. But in the meantime, here are a couple things to know about me:
- I am married to a beautiful woman, Celina, who helps challenge me to always do better.
- I have one beautiful daughter (Bella), and another daughter (Anna) on the way shortly!
- I have lived in Griffith nearly all my life, and I have been attending GFCC since I was enrolled in the God, Me, & ABC Preschool.
- I have two cats, Merlin & Sargent Fluff.
- I graduated with a degree in Accounting & Finance.
- My favorite Disney Character would have to be Genie from Aladdin.
Brandon can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My name is Mindy Sarlea, and I am a lifelong resident of Hammond. I have a husband named Jon and one daughter named Leilani. I graduated from Purdue University Calumet (now Northwest) in 2004. I teach middle school language arts in Hammond. I have worked in children's and youth ministry at the First Christian Church of Lansing, Impact Christian Church, and Connect Christian Camp and Retreat Center. I have been active at GFCC for about two years now, and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Other facts about me:
- I love dogs. You can always show me pictures and videos of your dogs.
- My favorite vacation is a cruise. I am partial to cruising with Royal Caribbean International, and my favorite port is Curacao.
- I drink my coffee black.
- My favorite season is summer, followed by Christmas.
- My favorite place to be is around a campfire singing worship songs.
- I love watching old TV shows. Some of my favorites are The Golden Girls, Full House, and The Brady Bunch.
- I cannot stand onions or mayonnaise.
- My favorite Disney character is Baloo because he's so carefree.
- My favorite book of the Bible is James.
Mindy can be reached at email@example.com.
Hi everyone! My name is Sarah Dillard. I was born and raised Catholic and it wasn't until July 2019 that I felt I needed to step away from Catholicism and try a different path. My path ended up leading me to GFCC. I love working as the Communications and Office Manager for GFCC because I feel like I am doing something worthwhile. I love my team and feel so grateful God blessed me with this amazing opportunity. Some fun facts about me:
- I have been married for 13 years.
- God blessed me with girl/boy twins (Audrey and Ethan) and a younger daughter (Ava). They are my world.
- I graduated from Arizona State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Literature, Writing, and Film. I went on to pursue my Master of Arts degree in English from Northern Arizona University and graduated in 2015.
- I'm originally from Southern Illinois. My family moved up to NWI once I graduated High School. Right after my husband and I got married, we took off to Arizona and lived there for six years. I miss the desert everyday.
- Our family loves baseball! We are the most loyal and devoted STL CARDINALS fans you will ever meet.
- My favorite Disney character is Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I admire her ability to see past what's on the outside and fall in love with someone who is beautiful from within.
Sarah can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.