My name is Shawn Cornett and I am the Senior Pastor here at Griffith First Christian. I am married to Shannon and we have a son named Jonathan. I am a graduate of Lincoln Christian College in Lincoln, Illinois and have done post-graduate work at Bethel Seminary in St. Paul, Minnesota. I have been the pastor here with GFCC since May of 2007 and we love serving God here!
Other tidbits of info:
- My wife Shannon is also a graduate of Lincoln Christian College.
- I am a huge football fan. I root for the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame and the Green Bay Packers.
- I also root for the Chicago White Sox and the Chicago Blackhawks.
- You can follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ShawnLCornett
- I blog at The Lavished Pauper at shawncornett.wordpress.com.
- You can friend me on Facebook at facebook.com/ShansMan.
- I grew up in Crown Point, Indiana.
- I studied acting at Indiana State University before transferring to Lincoln in 1996.
- I have been to Haiti on a short-term mission trip.
- My wife Shannon played college basketball and was VERY good.
- We got married on the day after Christmas in 1998.
- We have previously served congregations in Atwood, Illinois and Forest Lake, Minnesota.
- I was ordained in 1997 at Town and Country Christian Church in Crown Point, Indiana.
- My favorite book of the Bible changes from time to time, but it is usually Romans or 1 John.
- The first book I ever preached was Philippians.
- My favorite Disney character is Dug from "Up".
Shawn can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.